Welcome back to Nia Imani! Today I wanted to share another DIY body butter. I love to different scents and different concern based DIYs because, I want everyone to be able to find a recipe that works for their need. Remember these are just suggestion based; you are more than welcome to mix and match essential oils or base creams/oils.
So for a quick over view of this particular DIY.... This one is mostly calming and soothing the skin and mind. The ingredients are great for people who may have a sensitivity or a high stress level. This is particularly great for night time.
This hydrating body butter is not only soothing and calming but, its nourishing; vitamin e and argan oil help to rejuvenate the skin and diminish the look of dull, aging skin. Shea Butter will help to soften stretch marks and other forms of pigmentation.
If you are in the need of a calming, soothing,nourishing body body for dull, dehydrated skin then this DIY is for you! Or if you know someone who is having a dryness issue then this would be an awesome gift.
With all that said, lets jump straight into the DIY!
What ingredients are in this body butter and what do they do for the skin?
- Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender essential oil will be calm and soothe to the skin as well as the mind.
- Vitamin E Oil: Vitamin E is a moisturizing antioxidant. It speeds up cellular regeneration ; which means it aids in healing scars and diminishing hyperpigmentation. This acts as a natural preservative for this body butter. That means it will prevent the the body butter from spoiling.
-Argan Oil: Argan Oil is high in fatty acids; fatty acids renew cell damage and deeply nourish the skin. Argan oil also creates a protective barrier across the skin's surface, this barrier products from UV damage as well as damage from other irritants such as pollution. The high level of antioxidants in argan oil help break up free radical damage from the sun. Free Radicals are considered the number one cause of again in the skin. By destroying the free radicals in the skin, argan oil is keep the skin youthful. Argan Oil has healing properties. It has been known to heal scars and wounds. Argan oil has been used for centuries to tend to the wounds of injured or sickly people.
- Vanilla Bean: Vanilla has healing/anti-inflammatory properties. It is also an antioxidant. Which means if will fight free radicals which cause wrinkles and fine lines.
- Shea Butter: This is a highly moisturizing butter with tons of fatty acids that will not only hydrate the skin but heal the skin. Over time Shea butter will diminish stretch marks and scars.
How do you use this body butter? Apply this to the body after you have showered as you would a body lotion.
How do you store this body butter? This can be stored in your cabinet with the rest of your skin care items.
What is the recipe for this body butter? (make sure your ingredients are good quality) One Cup of Shea Butter One Teaspoon Vitamin E One Teaspoon of Argan Oil As many drops of Lavender Essential Oil as you like 1/2 half teaspoon of Vanilla Bean (you may use any form of vanilla bean the you desire. I like paste because it is already ready for me to use.)
Step By Step: 1. Add your ingredients into a standing mixture or a bowl.
2. Turn on your standing mixture or hand mixture and whip the ingredients until the mixture looks somewhat like an extremely thick version of whipped cream.
3. Once you are finished whipping the body butter place it into a container. You may need more than one depending on the size of your container.
Tips? Use at least once a day, everyday to accurately moisturized skin.
What can people except after using this product? People will notice softer, smoother, more supple skin. People may also notice less irritation and pigmentation.