Welcome back to Nia Imani. I want to do another get to know me style post today! I am only going to do ten at a time. I don't want to overwhelm you guys or myself. So with that said let's jump straight into it!
Welcome back to Nia Imani! Today I want to share a few more facts about myself. If you haven't seen my first about me post I will add a link at the bottom of this post! Let's jump straight into the post.
1. I love 90's R&B music. I love 702, Aalyiah, Mary J. Blige, Ginuwine, Boyz to Men, etc. I am obsessed!
2. Sweets are my favorite types of food. I like salty or savory foods but, my favorite foods are sweet.
3. I have a strong dislike for Justin Bieber. I have know idea why. I never really liked him. Although some of his collabs are decent.
4. I have a sick obsession with all things Bruno Mars. He is my favorite! I probably know every song he has ever made by heart.
5. My favorite shows of all time are Martin, Living Single, and Different World. I watch those shows over and over again. I consider them classics.
6. I have a real passion for skin care. I love what I do. I could never see myself being anything but, an esthetician. It's my dream job.
7. I know every word to Mariah Carey's The Emancipation of Mimi album. I even did dances to two of the songs on that album for a talent show. It was the only CD I had for a while so its all I listened to growing up.
8. Even though I live in a city, I would rather live in a more rural environment. I am not into the hustle and bustle of the city. I think I am more laid back than the average urban environment.
9. My dream car is a Mercedes G Wagon. I want it to be completely matte black externally. Everything from the paint job of the car to the rims. I also want the windows to be a tinted. The tint would be a bit of a gradient concept. In addition, I want the interior to be leather and the leather will be a soft rose gold shade.
10. My dog is the light of my life. I am so in love with him. He always makes me feel so much better. Its crazy how much he has changed me.
That's all folks!
Thank you for reading today's post! Finding facts to talk about are really difficult. I challenge you all to share some facts about yourself with someone. Challenge them to do the same. Learning more about people could bring you closer to someone or create a whole new connection! Who knows?
Thanks again for stopping by Nia Imani. Check back next week for another blog post. Leave some topic suggestions in my email or drop a comment below! Also, remember to share this site with a friend, coworker or family member. The support is greatly appreciated! Have a good day.
Welcome back to Nia's Corner!
Today I want to share an affirmation that has recently helped me. Feel free to post comments or send me emails in response to this post. I actually really encourage those replies; it gives me a different point of view to explore.
Anyhow, the thought I had was about how uncomfortable trying to pursue a large goal (or any goal for that matter) can be, therefore that pursuit can seem like a daunting task. I began to think about all the times when the pursuit of my goals and happiness seemed too hard of a path to follow. I thought about all the ways I could overcome such negative thought processes about the journey to obtaining my goals. I asked a friend how they motivate themselves to push forward; she said she uses affirmations as a way to remind her of her goals and boost her confidence in her ability to go forward. I thought it was a fantastic idea and I began to scour the internet for possible phrases or examples to use to reenergize my confidence in my abilities. The first two phrases I came across seemed incomplete; those phrases were 'The Pursuit of Happiness' and "Carpe Diem, Seize the Day'. I felt like the phrase 'The Pursuit of Happiness' only talked about going after your happiness not how to deal with the daily hardships that happen on that journey. As for the phrase 'Carpe Diem, Seize the Day' I felt like that only talked about that day, not the overall goal/journey. Once I analyzed those phrases I had the idea to put them together for a more complete phrase. I came up with less of a phrase and more of a question: How can I seize my day while in the pursuit of my happiness? Basically, I am asking myself how can I use today to get a little closer to my goal/happiness. This thought process has been helping me to come to terms with where I am now and keep me motivated to continue to become better.
I have a sticky note in my bathroom with this question on it and everyday since I thought about it I ask myself how I would answer it that day. I usually give myself small, achievable goals for the day and I review my goals and achievements from the day before. I then celebrate those achievements, thus bring myself a small bit of confidence that in turn makes me feel happy. These small actions help me stay happy, positive, and motivated while on my journey to my ultimate happiness.
I encourage you all to try using this question or make up your own. Everyone needs something to provide that support while achieving a goal. If you like, share your questions and/or phrases with myself and the other readers. I would love to know what you all feel keeps you motivated. If you would like to share it privately, you can always shoot me an email. You can find my email address in the contact tab which is located in the menu section above.
Thank you all for stopping by and reading this post! Have a great day!