Welcome back everyone! I hope your Memorial Day was a pleasant one. Now that the holiday is over it is time to jump back into the regularly scheduled blogs. My full coverage foundation routine will kick off this week's blogs. My current routine is a bit pricey I will share a drugstore full coverage routine soon but, for now this is my high end routine. I hope to have my drugstore routine up next week. So please stay tuned for that. With all that said, lets get started!
Step One: Priming
1. I prep my skin with a priming spray. I generally go for Smashbox Primer water sometimes I will use my Urban Decay B6 prepping spray. This adds moisture without making me oily.
2. I generally use either Too Faced Hangover Rx or Smashbox Pore Minimizing. I prime my whole face but, I start in the inner portion of my face. I usually get oily there and my makeup tends to separate in the center of my face as well.
3. I like to press a translucent powder into my t zone. This helps diminish the appearance of my pores and it helps my makeup last all day. I really like to use it cosmetics bye bye pores, tarte smooth operator, or dermablend setting powder.
Step Two: Color Correcting
1. I use MAC Cosmetics Prep and Prime highlighter in peach lustre under eyes, in the inner corner of my eye, around my mouth, center of the chin, and any blemishes I may have. I blend this in with a damp beauty blender. I generally apply two layers under my eyes. I allow this to set into place for at least 30 seconds before moving onto foundation.
Step Three: Foundation and Concealer
1. I am currently obsessed with wearing my PUR Liquid Veil and Makeup Forever Ultra HD. This looks flawless and full coverage it is insane. I apply my foundation using a beauty blender or my MUA Academy BB/CC Cream Brush.
2. My current favorite concealer is Bobbi Brown's Serum Concealer. It is lightweight, medium coverage, and long lasting. I like to highlight with this. I use it under my eyes on my eye lids, on my chin, and on the center of my forehead.
Step Four: Powder, Bronzer, and Baking
1. I use Anastasia Beverly Hills powders in Latte and Nutmeg to set my highlighted areas. I use MUA Academy Contour/Highlight Brush to set those areas.
2. I then go in with MAC Mineralize Skin Finish all over my face. I use a very thin layer of this powder. My goal is to set my full face, not add coverage.
3. I use Dermablend Cool Beige setting powder to bake my under eyes. I like to use cosmetic wedges to press a ton of powder under my eye. I allow the powder sit for at least 10 minutes then I gently wipe it off with my MUA Academy Contour/Highlight Brush.
4. I use the opposite side of my MUA Contour/Highlight brush to apply MAC Cosmetics Film Noir powder onto the contours of my cheeks, my temples, my jaw, and right below my lip. I use this powder as a contour and bronzer. I then clean up the cheek contour by placing Dermablend setting powder underneath.
Step Five: Finishing Touches
1. I love to highlight. I have tons and I use a different one everyday. I am not someone who likes to add blush but, every once in a while I might.
2. Lastly, I set everything in place with Dermablend Set and Refresh Makeup Setting Spray. My makeup lasts all day and this setting spray doesn't make me feel sticky or heavy.
That's all Folks!
Remember this is my FULL COVERAGE, HIGH END routine. I will share other routines for lighter coverage and for the drugstore. I hope to have another routine up in a week or so. Any who... thanks for stopping by! See ya Friday!