Welcome to my April and May makeup favorites. I have a few things that I have been loving over the past month or so and I wanted to share those things with you all. With that said let's jump straight into it!
Let's start with eyes....
1. NYX Cosmetics Color Mascaras: I own the shades Mint Julep and Forget Me Not. Mint Julep is like a very bright pale mint green and Forget Me Not is a lavender color. These mascaras don't have the world's greatest formula when it comes to length or volume but, they have amazing color pay off. When I am looking to do an out of the box sort of makeup look these are the mascaras I go for. I also love how inexpensive they are. I totally recommend them!
2. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Diamond Dog: This is the most beautiful pressed glitter I have ever used. On my complexion it looks amazing. It actually the most "natural" looking glitter I own. This has been a part of my everyday makeup routine. I love that this shadow is blendable and pigmented and it's easy to apply. All I do is take my finger and pat it onto the lid. The staying power of this eyeshadow is awesome as well. I have used it with primer and without and I have noticed this shadow stays on super well regardless. I do own other shades from Urban Decay but, this is by far my favorite. If you are new to glitter or you don't have the patience for loose glitter than this formula is for you. And if you are of a similar complexion and are looking for a glitter that isn't too bold than this shade is for you.
3. Stila Perfect Me, Perfect Hue Palette in tan/deep: I love this palette! The shadows and blushes in this palette are so buttery and blendable it's INSANE! I have been using it nonstop. I generally use the shades flirty and adventurous; they are great everyday shades for me. I find Stila shadows to be smooth and pigmented, easy to blend and long lasting. I 100% recommend the Perfect Me, Perfect Hue palettes because they are great quality, great value, and travel friendly.
4. Milani Liquid Eye Pencils: I own two of these and I am obsessed. Drugstore eyeliners are usually not great quality, they don't last long, etc. etc. but these babies are quality wise up there with my Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners. The Milani pencils are pigmented, blendable, long lasting, and gentle on my eyes and contacts. I recommend these to everyone. Why not use a great quality inexpensive eyeliner?
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel: This stuff is super glue. My brows are in tacked always with this product; it doesn't matter if I use powder, pencil, or gel to fill in my brows. This brow gel keeps my brow product on. It also blends my brow product in and makes it look my natural. I have found that my brow hairs don't curl on me if I use this product as well. She does have other colors but, I prefer clear.
Moving straight into the face:
1. L'Oreal Glam Bronze Bronzer in 03 Deep: This is like a dupe for my Covergirl Ebony Bronze Bronzer. (Which is my Holy Grail Bronzer)I find that it is the perfect tone for my skin. Its not too red or too dark; I also like that it has a natural satin finish to it. I find it gives my combination skin the right amount of glow without making me glittery or oily looking. Which is perfect for summer looks or more natural "everyday" kind of looks. If you haven't tried this bronzer I would pick it up. I am sure at least 90% of you will love it.
2. Too Faced Hangover Rx Primer: I have been using this for a while and I can say it is truly has become my favorite primer. I love how long my makeup lasts with this primer and I love how hydrated my skin is with this primer. I like that the coconut water and probiotic based ingredients keep me hydrated without making me any oilier than I already am. I notice my skin looks very healthy and plump when I use this primer. I recommend it to anyone who needs a bit of hydration (everyone) and anyone looking for a base non pore filling primer.
3. Dermablend Set and Refresh Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray: This is by far my favorite setting spray I have ever tried. I love how long my makeup lasts, I love how matte I am for a longer period of time, and I love how the finish is not greasy or overly shiny. I also feel like my makeup doesn't transfer as easily when I use this. This is awesome for all people but, especially awesome for oily or combination skin.
4. Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Concealer in 12 Golden: This lightweight, serum based concealer is awesome for undereye highlighting. It is hydrating and nourishing but, it still has a medium to full coverage finish. It lasts all day on the skin and feels awesome.
5. MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Dark Deep: I have raved about this powder for months and months its awesome. It doesn't feel heavy and it doesn't look powdery. I can use this to set my makeup or touch up and no matter what my skin looks lightweight. This powder leaves a satin finish to the skin which is nice as well.
6. Dermablend Setting Powder: Girl! This powder is bomb! My under eyes have never been so bright and set in place in their how life! On god this setting powder bakes my face like no tomorrow. This powder keep everything in place without an issue. I will only be purchasing this to set my under eyes from now on. I am currently using cool beige but, I have used the translucent and warm saffron shades.
7. Foundation Combo- Makeup Forever Ultra HD Liquid and L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation with Beauty Oil: This is awesome on my skin. The HD has a satin finish and the L'Oreal has a very matte finish; these coupled with a beauty oil leave my skin glowing without being oily or greasy. They also are very long lasting on my skin and give me medium buildable coverage. Its awesome for oily people looking for a glowy medium to full foundation without looking like you mom's first name is Crisco.
Lips: 1. Lip Combo- Lorac Nudist Lipstick, Rimmel Coffee Bean Lipliner, and Laura Gellar Sugar Cane Lipgloss: This is my go to nude lip combo. It looks awesome with every look I do because it is super netural toned. Not too pink or too peach. Its more brown toned. Its awesome. If you are looking for a good nude lip combo I would try these!
2. Wet n Wild Metallic Liquid Lipstick in My Tulips are Sealed: I don't like this on its own, but I love it over top other orange or nude lipsticks. It adds depth; this is a beautiful coral, peachy, pink metallic lipstick with a gold shift to it. I do find that it doesn't dry down but it does last quite a while on my lips.
Brushes: 1. MUA Academy BB/CC Cream Brush: This brush is the business! This is a dense duo fiber brush. This brush blends in my foundation so quick it is insane. Everything looks so flawless and blended in no time flat. I purchased this like two weeks ago and I have yet to put it down. This is kind of replacing my other foundations.
2. Morphe M501: This is my go to highlighting brush. I like when my highlighting brushes are small and not dense ONCE SO EVER. It allows me to apply a very precise and practically already blended highlight. I like the simple things in life and this is one of those things!
3. Morphe M442: This is awesome for pretty much anything face product related. I apply and blend my foundation out, I blend out my blush and bronzer, and/or I apply face powder. I love duo fiber brushes because they are easy to blend with and they leave this airbrushed look to the skin.